Analytics Engineer (US- Remote)
Do you love solving complex problems using data? Are you someone who brings clarity to nuanced and complicated business problems? Would you like to be part of a culture that values and appreciates employees? We are seeking an experienced Analytics Engineer to join our team to develop next generation data pipelines, models and products to elevate our growth marketing initiatives. This high-impact role will inform and influence our product and business decisions through data playing a critical role in our fast growing performance marketing org, working with cross functional teams to drive business growth.
Who We Are
Swyft Filings is an online filing service for business formations. More importantly, we’re a company that has helped budding entrepreneurs start over 300,000 new businesses (and counting). Our mission is to empower the aspirational - and by that we mean we take a complex process and automate it to make it easier for small businesses and individuals to launch their business dreams without having to hire high-priced professionals or worrying about administrative headaches.
Since 2015, we’ve grown from a lawyer and two online entrepreneurs into a team over 100 people strong – and you can bet we’re not done yet. We’re proud to have been ranked as one of the fastest-growing companies in Houston, nationally by the Inc 5000, and we’re also listed as a Top Workplace by the Houston Chronicle.
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain scalable databases, datasets, pipelines and our Customer Data Platform (CDP) to enable growth initiatives through sophisticated segmentation, targeting, automation, advanced analytics, and company-wide reporting.
- Identify and define innovative data solutions that meet evolving business objectives, unearth insights that drive key business decisions, and support cross-departmental core metrics and data dependencies.
- Manage the process from beginning (data modeling) to end (interactive UI via PowerBI) and optimization in between (ETL-ing). Working closely with marketing, analytics, finance, and product teams.
- Build relational semantic layers and aggregate datasets in Snowflake through solid ETL principles. Compiling a variety of sources including but not limited to: CRM data, Product data, Marketing data, order flow data, and more.
- Bring vision to a developing space, improving the current data architecture, data quality, monitoring and data availability. Finding ways to automate and scale repeated ad-hoc requests while building flexibility into reporting.
- Create highly intuitive and effective dashboards that deliver meaningful and actionable insights across executive and management levels through effective data visualizations.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or similar required. Master's degree preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant, hands-on experience in data modeling, data engineering and delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions.
- Hands-on experience working with modern data technologies stack such as Snowflake, Data Bricks, Google Big Query, Redshift, RDS, or similar solutions.
- Experience building robust and scalable data pipelines, utilizing multi-step ETL/ELT processes - compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining, analyzing, and staging data. Experience working with SDKs and 3rd party APIs for data ingestion a plus.
- Expertise in programming and data manipulation/wrangling technologies (SQL, R and/or Python) with competencies in version control (Github, Stash, etc.).
- High proficiency in data visualization design and technologies (Microsoft PowerBI preferred).
- Understanding of subscription business models and digital marketing technologies (Martech Stacks).
- Proven ability to collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to define metrics, identify requirements and solve problems. Relaying your findings and solutions across technical and non technical audiences.
- Strong project management skills. Must be able to meet critical deadlines and deliverables, handling multiple tasks with changing priorities, and effectively communicating changes in scope and schedule to stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn quickly and autonomously in a fast-paced environment, pro-actively taking initiative with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance on first day of employment
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee-only plans
- 401(k) w/ company match
- Company issued laptop + Home office stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Hybrid Work Model (in-office and remote)
- Parental Leave
- Casual Dress Code
- Free Branded SWAG
- Healthy Snacks in Office
- Company Events
- Peer recognition and rewards with Bonusly